Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly event hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish. So, I’m never successful completing read lists. I’m such a mood reader, and what appeals to me one minute, might not the next minute. So what looks awesome right now to me, I might not be in the mood for tomorrow. But I’m going to try my best, here.
In no particular order . . .
1. Matilda by Roald Dahl. I’ve read this a few times before, but I want to re-read it before I go see Matilda, the Musical in NYC in June. It’s one of my favorite children’s books.
2. Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare (releasing on March 19). Come on, who isn’t waiting for this one?
3. If I Should Die by Amy Plum (releasing May 7). I have been holding off on the second book so that I can read books 2 and 3 together. I really liked the first book. Actually, now that I think about it, I should probably re-read Die for Me before I read books 2 and 3.
4. Dare You To by Katie McGarry (releasing May 28th). Oh my gosh, Pushing the Limits was one of my favorite reads of last year. I cannot wait to get my hands on her next book! Besides, I needed to feature that steamy cover!
5. The Hero’s Guide to Storming the Castle by Christopher Healy. Again, The Hero’s Guide to Saving Your Kingdom was a favorite read of last year. I was lucky enough to be sent an ARC of this one, and I cannot wait to read it.
6. Towering by Alex Flinn (May 14th). I love fairytale retellings! I have an egalley of this from Edelweiss, and I can’t wait to start it. I’m trying to wait until it’s a bit clsoer to the release date.
7. Dance of Shadows by Yelena Black. I can’t believe I still haven’t read this one. I even have a signed copy now, but it’s still sitting on my shelf. I have just been in a contemporary mood lately. And a nonfiction book mood, too, which leads to my next pick.
8. Lincoln’s Grave Robbers by Steve Sheinkin. You guys, I have read both The Notorious Benedict Arnold and Bomb: The Race to Build – and Steal – the World’s Most Dangerous Weapon, and let me tell you they are both phenomenal! I cannot wait to read his newest book which features counterfeiters who attempted to steal Abraham Lincoln’s body to hold for ransom! Amazing, right?
9. How My Summer Went Up in Flames by Jennifer Salvato Doktorski (releasing May 7). Seriously, doesn’t this look like tons of fun!! I have an egalley from Edelweiss and I cannot wait to crack it open (metaphorically speaking, of course, because I am not literally going to crack open my iPad. That would be bad.).
10. Spirit and Dust by Rosemary Clement-Moore (May 14th). You guys, I loved Texas Gothic so much. I cannot wait to read this companion novel!! Also, I’m currently reading Prom Dates from Hell by RCM and am LOVING IT!