Stacking the Shelves is a weekly event hosted on Tynga’s Reviews. The Sunday Post is a weekly event hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. Here we can share what new books we’ve picked up this past week as well as other interesting book news.
Holy cow, this is my last book haul for 2013. Everyone says it, but it’s so true – the older you get, the faster the time flies. Anyway, I only have one new book thing to add to my collection.
The Special Edition Harry Potter Paperback Box Set by J.K. Rowling
This is the only book set I asked for for Christmas, and I’m so glad it was under the Christmas tree. At first I had mixed feelings about the new covers, because I love the originals so much. But then I realized that it’s important to update the covers. I’ve seen kids in the library turn away from amazing books because their covers are outdated. Not that I think the original covers are outdated yet, but someday they could be. Anyway, now I have two full sets of Harry Potter. I see nothing wrong with this 🙂
- This week has been kind of rough. But it was nice to spend time with my family on Christmas. If you celebrate Christmas, how was your holiday?
- I have one more week of work, and then I’m off for nine days. My stay-cation coincides with Bout of Books, and I’m sooo going to read a ton. I still have to put together my sign-up and goals post, but I’m excited.
- I haven’t seen the Doctor Who Christmas Special yet, and it’s driving me nuts. I think it’s supposed to be available on iTunes on January 2nd though.
- My dad made some amazing macaroni and cheese on Christmas Eve, and the left overs are even better.
- Do you guys have anything planned for New Years? I’m the most boring person and never do anything.