Stacking the Shelves is a weekly event hosted on Tynga’s Reviews. The Sunday Post is a weekly event hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. Here we can share what new books we’ve picked up this past week as well as other interesting book news.
My library got some new YA books in this week, which was awesome. I did control myself, though, and only brought two home. But a library hold also came in, which makes my total three books.
From the Library:
Golden by Jessi Kirby
Okay, I’m not really sure if I’m going to read this one. I’ve heard good things, but I really had issues with In Honor by Kirby, so I’m a bit hesitant. But the cover is so pretty, so I thought I’d at least check it out.
The Caged Graves by Dianne K. Salerni
This one just looks perfect for fall, don’t you think? Although, for all I know, it’s set in Spring or Summer. 🙂
Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins
I’ve heard such wonderful things about this book, I’ve just never gotten around to it. Hopefully, this will be the time.
What did you guys get this week?
- I might be a little MIA the next few days. At work, we have this HUGE booksale tomorrow (Sunday), which means I get to work seven days in a row straight. It’s a great fundraiser, but it’s both physically and mentally exhausting.
- My poor mama has kidney stones. I hope she’s better soon. I hope that wasn’t TMI.
- I got my hair done yesterday, and asked for a few face-framing pieces. They’re super cute.
- I’ve been on a big Daria kick lately. I forgot how much I love that show. When that show was first on TV, I loved that a character was named QUINN!
- I’m thinking of subscribing to Audible. Actually, I’m pretty much decided, I just haven’t set up an account yet. I’m excited! There are some books I really want to listen to that my library system doesn’t have as audio. I Hunt Killers I think will be the first one I download. Woot, woot!