Stacking the Shelves is a weekly event hosted on Tynga’s Reviews. The Sunday Post is a weekly event hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. Here we can share what new books we’ve picked up this past week as well as other interesting book news.
I definitely brought home some totally amazing books this week.
First up, four books I bought at the Rochester Teen Book Festival:
Pilgrims Don’t Wear Pink by Stephanie Kate Strohm
Strohm was super funny at the festival, so I thought I would try her book out. It looks super cute and perfect for summer.
The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
I’ve already read this one one, of course, but Smith was at the festival and I wanted to pick up a book for her to sign. I’m very glad that I have this in my collection now.
The Karma Club by Jessica Brody
Brody was very funny and entertaining at the festival. She said that she ended up loving to read while in college when her friend gave her Bridget Jones’s Diary to read while she exercised. I had to pick something up of hers, and decided to go with this one. This one also looks like a great summer read.
Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers
Everyone has been raving about this book, and hopefully now that I have a signed copy I will actually get around to reading it 🙂
From the Library:
The Mighty Queens of Freeville by Amy Dickinson
Dickinson spoke at a conference I recently attended, and she had some very interesting things to say. So I’m going to try out her memoir.
Someday, Someday, Maybe by Lauren Graham
Because it’s Lauren Freaking Graham!!!!
- My Internet is not working very well right now, and it is frustrating me! All I want to do is watch Monk from Netflix Streaming, but it keeps pausing. Grr!!!
- I’m very excited for the three day weekend. I don’t have too much planned, which is exactly what I was hoping for.
- It was so cold here on Friday. The high was 52 degrees. And this is after we had 80 degree weather at the beginning of the week. But it warms up some by the end of the weekend.
- I’m loving that SYTYCD is back on. It’s one of my favorite shows, ever.
- Speaking of TV Shows, on youtube I discovered the New Zealand show The Secret Lives of Dancers. It’s a reality show following the Royal New Zealand Ballet company. And you’ll never guess to shows up for season 2!! Hint: he’s a famous American ballet dancer who was in Center Stage!!!