You guys, it’s been a year since I started blogging! Okay, okay, it’s actually a little over a year, because it took me a couple weeks to get myself together to plan a giveaway.
Anyway, can you believe it’s been a year? I know I can’t. I still can’t believe how much I love blogging, and how that feeling doesn’t seem to be going away, or weakening in any way. Before I go into the details of the giveaway, I thought it would be fun to share some of the ways that blogging has affected me.
- Putting avid readers to shame, everywhere! Okay, I’ve always been an avid reader. But since I started blogging I began to read more than I was before. Partly it is because I am always wanting to make sure I have material for blog posts, but it’s more than that, too. I’m not wasting away my evenings watching TV or cruising around the Internet. Okay, I do waste some time that way, but I feel like I am so much more productive now because I spend so much time reading.
- Blogging Friends! You guys, I can’t tell you how wonderful it makes me feel having made blogging friends. I’m going to get a little personal here. I had a falling out with my best friend a couple years ago, and it really really, left me feeling insecure. I was around 27 at the time. It’s hard to make new friends at that age just because I’m not meeting people all the time like I was in college. I was really shy at first (and sometimes I still am), but I finally feel a little more confident talking to people in the comments, in other blogs’ comments, and on twitter. And I feel like I’ve made some friends. And it feels so freakin’ good.
- Something Special! It feels so good that I’ve worked so hard on my blog. It’s certainly not fancy in appearance, but it’s my baby, in a way. It feels good that I’ve been doing this, and working on it, and it isn’t for work. It’s all mine, and that feels good. I feel proud of myself.
- Reading outside my comfort zone. You guys, I can be kind of picky about what I read. But since I started blogging I have been reading some books outside my comfort zone and I ended up loving them. Cinder is a perfect example. I really really dislike anything even slightly resembling science fiction so I never really considered reading Cinder even though I love fairytale retellings. But after repetitively hearing how amazing it was, I decided to give it a try. And oh my gosh, it’s now one of my favorite books.
Okay, now onto the stuff you guys care about – the giveaway! 🙂
There will be two winners.
Each winner can choose ONE of the following books to be sent from Book Depository. This list comprises of some of my favorite books I’ve read since I started blogging. The book covers are all linked to Book Depository.
- This giveaway is international for the most part. As long as Book Depository ships to your house, you are eligible to enter. 🙂
- You must be 13 years or older, or have the permission of a parent/guardian. I will need your mailing address, so if you still live with your parents, make sure it’s okay.
- You must follow Quinn’s Book Nook (new subscribers are welcome). I promise to have a giveaway soon open to everyone, but since this is to celebrate my blogoversary, I want to reward those who follow Quinn’s Book Nook.
- Once the winners are chosen, I will contact them. From the date I sent out the email, the winners will have 72 to respond to the email. If I don’t hear from a winner in that 72 hours time, I will chose another winner.