In My Mailbox is a weekly event hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren. Stacking the Shelves is a weekly event hosted on Tynga’s Reviews. Here we can share what new books we’ve picked up this past week.
From the library:
Speaking From Among the Bones by Alan Bradley
I love this series (Flavia de Luce) and I’ve heard that this one is AMAZING! Although, I’ve loved all the books in this series.
The Madman’s Daughter by Megan Shepherd
I’ve heard good things about this one. It looks totally creepy, and I love me some creepy books 🙂
Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
Both professional reviewers and book bloggers have been showering this one with love. I can’t wait to give it a try.
From Barnes & Noble:
Let the Sky Fall by Shannon Messenger
I really didn’t need to buy another book, but I saw this in B&N and I couldn’t resister. I have some other books I want to get to first, but I am excited to read this one.
Adorable Elephant Book Ends (pictured above)
I originally went into B&N looking for some book ends. I love these, but they were a little expensive at $40. I’m still glad I bought them, too. What do you guys use for book ends?
- I am a co-facilitator for this special book group for families at the library where I work. It has been so much work just preparing for it. We had our first session Thursday, and I was so nervous about it. But it went wonderfully!!! I can’t believe how fantastic it went. I was euphoric afterwards. Sort of like an euphoric relief. Of course, in two more weeks we have another session, so I am sure I will be stressing again in no time 🙂
- I tried filming a vlog for IMM/StS but it was too frustrating so I gave up. Maybe sometime I will get the hang of it, because I really like when other bloggers do vlogs. I couldn’t get the audio to sync up with the video, and it was driving me crazy! I was all . . .
- Yesterday (Friday) was my dog Ginger’s birthday. She is eight years old now, which is crazy to think about. She still acts a lot like a puppy, though. She always wants to play fetch. She could play that all day!
- I just started watching Law & Order: UK and I am OBSESSED! It’s so good, and I love all the British accents. Who else loves L&O? What variety do you like the best?
- I actually thought of a discussion post topic for my blog. I love discussion posts, but I never have any ideas. But I did think of something this week, so look for my post next week. I’m still trying figure out the best way to express myself, but hopefully I will be coherent.