Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly event hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish. Okay, so I don’t really have many authors that are on my auto-buy list. Since I work in a library, I get the most of my books from the library. So my list is going to be a combination of auto-buy and auto-read. By auto-read, I mean books by an author that I automatically put on hold basically without paying attention to the summary.
In no particular order . . .
1. Jennifer L. Armentrout. Yeah, I pretty much buy any of her YA books. Well, actually, I haven’t read her Covenant series yet, but I’ve read all the Lux series and Cursed. And I can’t wait to read her New Adult book, Wait for You.
2. Alan Bradley. I just love his Flavia de Luce books. I put the new book on hold automatically. I don’t even read the summary beforehand.
3. Meg Cabot. Duh!
4. Stephanie Perkins. Seriously, I cannot wait to read Isla and the Happily Ever After!!
5. Marni Bates. She is such a fun writer. I love how funny her books are.
6. Cassandra Clare. Yeah, I’m sure that one is a shocker. 🙂
7. Jessica Day George. I haven’t read all her books, but any new releases I always can’t wait to read.
8. Carl Hiaasen. Seriously, I love his MG novels. Hoot and Chomp are my favorites.
9. Steve Sheinkin. I read The Notorious Benedict Arnold a little over a year ago, and let me tell you, I was seriously impressed. And now with his newest NF, Bomb, winning all sorts of awards! Yeah, he is totally awesome.
10. Marissa Meyer. Dude, the only science fiction books I have ever liked. Not only liked, but loved! I think Marissa Meyer is very talented. She tells a story so well.