Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly event hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish. I discovered so many amazing authors this year. Some of these authors had their debut novels released this year, and others have been around for awhile, and I’ve only just discovered them. I couldn’t narrow it down to just 10, so I listed 12 🙂
In no particular order . . .
1. Stephanie Perkins. I can’t wait for Isla and the Happily Ever After.
2. Rosemary Clement-Moore. Texas Gothic caught me hook, line and sinker. If she writes it, I will read it 🙂
3. John Green. I had obviously heard of John Green, but it took me until 2012 to read any of his books.
4. Elizabeth Eulberg. Prom and Prejudice. Enough said.
5. Libba Bray. Although I wasn’t a huge fan of A Great and Terrible Beauty, I LOVED Beauty Queens. Also, I just went to an author event where Libba Bray spoke. She was hilarious!
6. Marni Bates. When I am in the mood for something light and sweet (and hilarious!) I will turn to Marni Bates. She only has two books out now, but I can’t wait until some new books are released!
7. Laurie Halse Anderson. I’ve only read Speak by Anderson, but I loved it. It took me a LONG time to read it, but I’m so glad that I did!
8. Kimberly Derting. The Body Finder has everything I like in a book: a mystery, an amazing MC, and some romance. What’s not to like?
9. Jennifer L. Armentrout. You guys, the Lux series is awesome!
10. Katie McGarry. Pushing the Limits, McGarry’s debut novel, is one of my favorite books of the year.
11. Corrine Jackson. I was caught off guard with how much I enjoyed reading Touched. Even though I am getting a bit weary of series, I can’t wait to read what happens next to Remy and Asher.
12. Gemma Halliday. Sometimes, what I need is a good mystery and Halliday provides that.
Oh gosh, I hope I didn’t forget anyone!