Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly event hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish. I love today’s topic! Kick-Ass heroines are my favorite! This was surprisingly easy. I hope I didn’t leave anyone out. This list is in no particular order.
1. Hermione Granger from the Harry Potter series by JK Rowling. Obviously!
2. Annabeth from Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan. Again, obviously!
3. Lyra Belacqua from His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman. I love her determination to save those she cares about.
4. Amy Goodnight from Texas Gothic by Rosemary Clement-Moore. She takes on a ghost, a murder and a guy who thinks she looney-tunes! Go Amy!
5. The Lass from Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow by Jessica Day George. She saves the prince!
6. Ella from Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine. She saves herself!
7. Clare Fern from Clarity and Perception by Kim Harrington. She’s not afraid to go after the bad guy!
8. Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. She can take on her mother, the sometimes-snobby Mr. Darcy, Lady Catherine de Bourgh.
9. Melinda from Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson. She learns how to stand up for herself even after an awful experience.
10. Ani/Isi from The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale. She learns how to stand up for herself and for others.
What do you think? Do you agree? Did I forget anyone? Who’s on your list?
- There’s a possibility that CNY may lose power for awhile due to Hurricane Sandy. I hope not, but I may be quiet the next few days. If so, that’s why.
- Wishing for the best for anyone who will be affected by Hurricane Sandy.