Summary from GoodReads:
Twittercide: the killing of one human being by another while the victim is in the act of tweeting.
Call me crazy, but I figured writing for the “Herbert Hoover High Homepage” would be a pretty sweet gig. Pad the resume for college applications, get a first look at the gossip column, spend some time ogling the paper’s brooding bad-boy editor, Chase Erikson. But on my first big story, things went . . . a little south. What should have been a normal interview with Sydney Sanders turned into me discovering the homecoming queen-hopeful dead in her pool. Electrocuted while Tweeting. Now, in addition to developing a reputation as HHH’s resident body finder, I’m stuck trying to prove that Sydney’s death wasn’t suicide.
I’m starting to long for the days when my biggest worry was whether the cafeteria was serving pizza sticks or Tuesday Tacos. . . .
I have really enjoyed reading Gemma Halliday’s Deadly Cool series. Social Suicide is the second in the series. I hope there will be more, because these are fun teen mysteries.
Hartley is again investigating the murder of a Herbert Hoover High student, this time a homecoming queen hopeful. I am not sure if Hartley is the best detective in the world, but she stumbles along with the help of her awesome best friend, Sam, and Sam’s boyfriend, Kyle. Oh, and of course Chase, the HHH Homepage’s (the school’s online newspaper) editor.
Hartley is still the same: smart, determined, loyal to her friends, and still a bit undecided on her feelings for Chase. But I really liked reading about her. She is a cool girl, but she does make a few silly decisions. As readers, you want to scream, no don’t do that! It is not going to end well.
I kind of figured out who the “bad guy” was, but that kind of thing never really bothers me. I was much more interested in seeing what Hartley and the gang would do next.
If you are looking for a quick, light YA mystery, this book is for you. These books sort of remind me of Stephanie Plum books for teens. They don’t have the crazy characters that SP books have, but they have the same feel.
- I have been really busy lately. Plus, I am in a small reading slump. So, I only have two reviews scheduled for next week. That is stressing me out a bit, but since I have this Saturday off (!!!!!), I am hoping to get some reading done.
- I am trying to read Valkyrie Rising, and am not really into it. I will finish it (I am more than halfway done), but it is sort of a struggle for me to pick it up.
- I am listening to Dairy Queen via audiobook, and am really liking it! The narrator is great.
- I am going to the zoo on Saturday with a friend, and I am really excited. My local zoo has a new wolf pack, and I can’t wait to see them! Plus, I hope to get another look at the snow leopard cubs. I hope the weather is okay, though.
- Did I mention I am not working Saturday!!! Sorry, I am kind of excited. Let me just say that I will never again take for granted having two CONSECUTIVE days off.
- Have a great weekend!