In My Mailbox is a weekly event hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren. Here we can share what new books we’ve picked up this past week.
I picked up some AWESOME books this week. First from Barnes & Noble I bought:
Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter
Blackwood by Gwenda Bond
And from the library I got:
Social Suicide by Gemma Halliday
Embrace by Jessica Shirvington
- I went to see Pitch Perfect Friday evening. It was such a fun movie. Rebel Wilson, who plays “fat Amy” was amazing! She seriously stole the whole show. It was definitely my kind of movie, although I could have gone without seeing all the vomit. Gross.
- The library’s booksale finally came to a close yesterday (Saturday) at 5. The booksale is always such a wonderful success, but I will be glad to get the library back to normal next week.
- I had a little issue with someone from work, this week. Nothing huge (I am pretty much an avoid-conflict-at-all-costs kind of person). Anyway, this person is taking an intro to library studies class and she has to maintain a blog, and post things about libraries, I guess. She said some less than flattering things about me, and the library where we work on the blog. Granted, she wasn’t trying to be mean, but it was kind of upsetting, because I take my job as a librarian pretty seriously. Okay, I’m going to stop complaining. She sincerely apologized, and I am going to let it go. Because, what else am I going to do?
- I bought two new pairs of shoes Friday, and I LOVE them! They are actually the same pairs of ankle boots, one in gray, and one in dark brown.
- While at the mall on Friday, I also went to Sephora – I love that store! I finally was able to pick up the Buxom Lip Cream in White Russian (it has been sold out forever)! I love it. I buy way too much makeup. But I love it so much.