Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly event hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish. This week The Broke and the Bookish are asking us to list our top ten bookish people (authors, bloggers, etc), that we would like to meet. I am pretty much going to stick to authors here because I don’t want any bloggers to get freaked out and think I am stalking them. 🙂 So here’s my list:
1. J.K. Rowling. Seriously, I can’t imagine her not being on everyone’s list. To meet her would be amazing!!
2. Philip Pullman. Okay, I am kind of scared of how intelligent he seems, but I would love to talk to him about His Dark Materials.
3. John & Hank Green. These guys are so funny! I absolutely love their videos on their YouTube channel, vlogbrothers. Plus, they are totally smart. Hank Green hasn’t written any books, but he is a total bookish person!
4. Jane Austen. Yes, I know she has passed on. But nowhere does it say I have to choese only people who are still alive. I would just talk to her about Mr. Darcy. Who wouldn’t? 🙂
5. Jennifer L. Armentrout. Maybe she would bring an ARC of Opal? But that is not really why I would want to meet her. I would love to hear about how she came up with the idea of the Luxen, and how to created such an amazing character (I’m totally talking about Daemon!!)
6. Meg Cabot. Do I even need to explain why?
7. Marni Bates. You guys she is really young – around 22 I think, and she already has 1 novel published, 1 coming out next week, and her autio-biography published. I think she is hilarious, too!
8. Cassandra Clare. Because it is Cassandra Clare!!!
9. Maggie Stiefvater. Because we went to the same college (although I never knew or met her). Plus she is a good writer, and she is really funny on her blog.
10. Rick Riordan. I think his Percy Jackson & the Olympians series is fantastic! Especially for reluctant readers. I think he would be a fun person to talk to.