Summary from GoodReads:
Meet Kate Mackenzie. She:
-works for the T.O.D. (Short for Tryannical Office Despot, also known as Amy Jenkins, Director of the Human Resources Divison at the New York Journal),
– Is sleeping on the couch because her boyfriend of 10 years refuses to commit,
-cant find an affordable studio apartment anywhere in New York City,
-thinks things cant get worse
They Can. Because
-the T.O.D is making her fire the most popular employee in the paper’s senior staff dinning room,
-that employee is now suing Kate for wrongful termination, and
-Kate has to give a deposition in front of Mitch Hertzog, the scoin of one of Manhattan’s wealthiest law families, who embraces everything Kate most despises…but also happenes to have a nice smile and a killer body!
The last thing anybody-least of all Kate Mackenzie- expects to find in a legal abritration is love. But that’s the kind of thing that can happen when…Boy Meets Girl!
I ADORED the Boy series by Meg Cabot. I’m sort of sad that I finished them all, because they were some of my favorite Meg Cabot books. I think I will have to purchase the first book, The Boy Next Door, and the third, Every Boy’s Got One (My fav!) so that I have the whole collection. These books are definite re-reads for me. Okay, onto the actual review of this book.
As always, the MC, Kate, was fantastic. I liked her so much, and could definitely relate to her. She is a bit insecure, and I could definitely relate to that. Don’t we all have insecurities? She is a bit lost after breaking up with her long-time boyfriend, and working for the T.O.D. does not help matters.
Mitch is a fun character, too. He certianly makes mistakes, but he is good at heart. His interactions with his family are hilarious. Actually most of this book is pretty hilarious. We get to see some characters from the first book, The Boy Next Door like Nadina, Mel and of course, Dolly.
This whole book is told through emails, voicemails, journal entries, and IM. Although it is fun to read it this way, sometimes I did think I couldn’t get as much detail about certain things that I would like. Also, I thought certain people might have fallen in love rather quickly, but did that really bother me? NO! Why? Because it is Meg Cabot, who is funny, and a wonderful storyteller. If you enjoy Chick Lit (I sure do!) then be sure to read this series!
- I went to the Waterloo Premium Outlet mall in Waterloo, NY on Saturday. I found a whole bunch tops that will be great for transitioning to fall weather. The outlet mall is usually a hit or miss thing, but I lucked out. I just wish the mall had a discount bookstore.
- I’ve been watching Monk through Netflix. This is really my all time favorite show.
- In two weeks I will be on vacation! So excited. I’m really ready for some time away from work.
- I was planning on going to Taughannock Falls on Saturday, but it was too hot to be walking around outside all day. I’m going to try to go there while I’m on vacation.
- I’ve been book jumping a bit, having a difficult time settling into one story.