Summary from GoodReads:
With wry, observant wit, Mia chronicles her rocky first month of high school. First she finds out she’s the crown princess of a European principality, then there’s a first kiss from her big crush, an empowering ice-cream-cone shove into the sweater of her nemesis, and a meltdown in the ladies’ room of Manhattan’s Plaza Hotel.
I thought it would be fun to re-read The Princess Diaries. I read this back during my sophomore year of college. It think this was one of the first teen books I ever read. Well, excluding all the Fear Street books I read when I was in fourth grade (teen books weren’t really a big thing when I was actually a teen!). I’m so glad I did! This was such a fun read.
Mia is such a fantastic character. I think almost any girl can relate to her. She isn’t super popular, she has a crush on one of the cutest boys in school, and she has bad hair. Completely relatable! I love how Mia really grows throughout the novel, as well. She starts off as a passive high school freshman, and grows into a more assertive young woman. Although it is clear she has some more growing to do at the end of the book.
Mia’s best friend Lilly is kind of annoying, but she is important to the book. I also love Mia’s other friend Tina! She is awesome! I want a best friend like her. And Michael is just awesome!
I love Meg Cabot’s writing style. She is very funny, which is always something I appreciate in a book. She also really gets the average teenage girl! It’s amazing.
This book is still great after 12 years in print! If you haven’t read this, do so soon.
- Did I mention that I am going to see Meg Cabot this weekend in OH! I am so excited. It is 5 1/2 hours from where I live. I can’t wait.
- I am getting in a bit of a reading slump, so I decided to re-read Spellbound by Cara Lynn Shultz. This is the second time I’ve re-read this book since I first read it back in April. I don’t know what it is about this book, but I love re-reading it. I really like Emma. I actually stayed up Tuesday night/Wednesday morning until 1:30 am reading this, then had to get up at 6 the next day.
- I am so glad So You Think You Can Dance is back on TV. I am really liking Eliana. Love Ballerinas!
- Speaking of ballet, I watched all six episodes of The Breaking Pointe. So much drama, but I love all the ballet!
- Finished the second season of Sherlock. Ahhh! How can they end it like that? So good, though.