Stacking the Shelves is a weekly event hosted on Tynga’s Reviews. The Sunday Post is a weekly event hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. Here we can share what new books we’ve picked up this past week as well as other interesting book news.
Barnes & Noble:
Scarlet in the Snow by Sophie Masson
This just looked interesting. It’s a fairytale retelling, I think, of Beauty and the Beast. Honestly, I couldn’t resist the cover. I didn’t even look up on goodreads what the rating was. I hope I’m not disappointed.
The Blogger’s Mindset: How to Cultivate the Right Mindset for Blogging Successfully and Happily by Amanda Shofner
First, a book about blogging – yes please! But also it’s by fellow book blogger from On a Book Bender!! I’m sure Amanda has a lot to teach me. It’s only $.99 right now, too!
Life Tidbits: The Injured Foot & Ankle Edition
- I’ve been off work all week due to my sprained ankle and foot. I did make it to the orthopedist, and I have three torn ligaments around my ankle, but I also managed to sprain my foot too.
- While at the Orthopedist, I was given (haha, actually I had to buy – but thankfully I have health insurance, so I only had to pay 20% ($55) of the total cost) this huge medical/walking boot. It goes up to right under my knee. I love it because it makes getting around easier/possible. But I hate it, because even if I have to go to the bathroom, I have to put the boot on. And it isn’t something that I can just slip on. There are five velcro straps on the outside, and velcro padding on the inside. Oh and I can pump a little air on the sides, too.
- Because I sprained my right ankle, I can’t drive with the medical boot. Really, it’s illegal. And I’m getting nervous, because I’m supposed to go back to work on Tuesday, and I need to be able to drive. I went to JC Penny’s looking for a shoe that I can switch into to drive to work. And it was a pain in the ASS, because my foot is so swollen! But the workers at the shoe department were incredibly helpful, and kept looking for a shoe that would work for me. Best shoe experience ever! Although my foot was killing me afterward.
- I’ve been staying at my parents this past week, because I’ve needed some help. I have the best parents! Although I cannot wait to be on my own again.
- Even though I’ve been off all week from work, with little I could do except lie around in bed, I’ve done NO reading. I just haven’t been able to concentrate on anything. Have you ever felt this way?
Okay, enough of me talking about myself (can you tell I’m craving some company?). How was your week? What goodies did you pick up?