Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly event hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish. Today we get to list our favorite characters in X genre. I decided to list my favorite characters from YA fairy tale retellings because (1) I have read a lot of them and (2) because it fits in with Project: Fairy Tale!
In no particular order . . .
1. Dashti from Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon Hale. I know I never really order these lists (that would be just too difficult!), but Dashti is totally my number one favorite character from any fairy tale retelling I’ve ever read. She is so likable. She’s not perfect, but you just know she would have your back if she were your friend. Or really, even if you weren’t friends.
2. Galen from Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George. Who doesn’t like a man who knits?
3. Ella of Frell from Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine. Seriously, she is one amazing girl.
4. Lindy from Beastly by Alex Flinn. Because she falls in love with a Beast! :) I would like to hope I would be able to see past appearances.
5. Cinder from Cinder by Marissa Meyer. Oh my gosh, there is just so much to love about Cinder!
6. Iko from Cinder & Scarlet by Marissia Meyer. Again, what’s not to like about Iko?
7. Wolf from Scarlet by Marissa Meyer. Because he’s hot. No, actually, it’s because he is rather a complicated character. And he wants to do the right thing.
8. Ani from The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale. Because she overcomes a lot, and learns so much about herself.
9. The Lass from Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow by Jessica Day George. Because she wants to make her brother happy again. And she’s totally brave, and goes after her prince.
10. Rollo from Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow by Jessica Day George. Because he is the coolest dog/wolf pet ever (besides my puppies of course).