In My Mailbox is a weekly event hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren. Stacking the Shelves is a weekly event hosted on Tynga’s Reviews. Here we can share what new books we’ve picked up this past week.
So I signed up for Edelweiss, and have been approved for two totally amazing books!! Thanks Simon Pulse!
How My Summer Went Up in Flames by Jennifer Salvato Doktorski
The Book of Broken Hearts by Sarah Ockler
- CNY wasn’t really hit a ton by Nemo, but we did get some snow (maybe 6 inches). Nothing out of the ordinary, really, for Syracuse, but it still wasn’t fun driving home on Friday evening. I hope everyone hit by the storm is doing alright.
- This is the first Saturday I’ve had off since January 12. Woot woot for having Saturdays off!
- I really want to see Warm Bodies this weekend, but I’m not sure I will be able to. I’m trying to get my dad to go with me, because none of my other friends are up for it. I tried tricking my mom into seeing it. She asked what it was about, and I said it was a zom-rom-com, thinking she wouldn’t know that it was about zombies, but she totally knew. It was really funny. I shouldn’t underestimate my mother.
- I got my tickets to see American Ballet Theatre’s Le Corsair in DC in April. So excited! They are really good seats.
- I read this great post about introverts over at Stacked. You should definitely check it out, if you haven’t already.
- I’ve been having such a fun time participating in Project: Fairy Tale, created and hosted by Alison from The Cheap Reader. It’s great to read the other participating bloggers’ thoughts on their chosen fairytales. You all should check it out!