Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly event hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish. This was a fun post to put together. Hopefully I follow through with them
In no particular order . . .
1. Read the majority of the books on the Top Ten Books I Resolve to Read in 2013
2. Read/Listen to books while I walk, do chores, etc. I’m not a very active person. I read all the time, and usually that means sitting on the couch. So I am hoping to do more exercizing and still getting to read tons.
3. Comment on other blogs. One reason I started this blog was to meet and talk to others that love to read like I do. But I am a very shy person, and it is hard for me to reach out to others. I’m hoping that commenting will help me develop some book friends Okay, maybe my goal should be to not be shy.
4. Schedule more posts on my blog. I usually have some reviews drafted up, but I almost never put together TTT or WoW posts in advance. I want to get a little more on top of things.
5. Learn how to create graphics for the my blog. I’m pretty clueless about things like that, but I think it is something I could learn.
6. Read all the Caldecott winners and honors. Okay, this was actually a goal for me last year, and I totally didn’t follow through. Maybe this will be the year?
7. Read more Children’s chapter books, YA books and adult books than last year. I had a Goodreads challenge of read 400 books in 2012. The reason it was so high was because I included all the picture books I read. I actually read 128 chapter books. I would like to read 150 in 2013.
8. To not forget about the children’s and middle-grade books. In 2012 I read so many teen books, which I loved, but I read very few children’s books. I love them, and would like to read more in 2013.
9. Drop a meme. I think I might be participating in too many memes. Right now I am posting about 2 reviews a book. I want to increase that to 3 reviews a week, but most days are already taken with memes. I am thinking of dropping the Waiting on Wednesday meme. Sometimes I even have a difficult time finding a book to feature. I might only post a WOW on days where there really is a book I can’t wait to read.
10. Read one or two books outside my comfort zone. I just read Cinder, which was such an amazing book. But it is science fiction, which I pretty much don’t care for. But I loved Cinder, and there are probably tons of books out there that are also outside my comfort zone that I will love.
What are you bookish goals for 2013?