Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly event hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish.
Happy New Year!
Okay, so I usually don’t do well with listing what books I plan to read. I’m such a mood reader, and what I’m in the mood to read changes frequently. But since this encompasses the whole year, maybe I will be a little more successful. I’m going to chose ones that I have been meaning to read, but haven’t gotten to yet. The word “resolve” makes me think of books I have been meaning to read but for whatever reason haven’t.
In no particular order . . .
1. Easy by Tammara Webber. I don’t know why I haven’t read this yet. I’ve had the book for ages!
2. The Witches by Roald Dahl. Roald Dahl is a favorite author of mine, and I haven’t wanted to read this one for years. The movie left such an impession on me, though, that it might be affecting me actually reading the book.
3. Any Jane Austen book except Pride and Prejudice. I love Jane Austen, and Pride and Prejudice is my favorite book ever. But I’ve never read anything else by her. So one goal for 2013 is to read another Austen novel. I’m not sure what one that might be, but I’m leaning towards Emma at the moment.
4. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. I can’t believe I’ve never read this one. My mother keeps telling me how much I will love it. Hopefully 2013 will be the year!
5. Tamora Pierce. How is it that I’ve never read anything by her! Again, I’m not sure what book I will start with (there’s so many to choose from!), but I’m determined to read at least one of her books.
6. Entwined by Heather Dixon. I love fairytale retellings, and The Twelve Dancing Princesses is a favorite story of mine. I own this book, and yet it is just collecting dust on my shelf. I need to read this!
7. Hold Me Closer, Necromancer by Lish McBride. I have been wanting to read this one for a few years, but just haven’t gotten around to it.
8. Crash by Nicole Williams. This one has been on my radar for awhile now. I need to read it to see if I like it.
9. Wonder by R.J. Palacio. I have been hearing how wonderful this book is since it was released. I need to read it.
10. Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli. Seriously, I can’t believe I haven’t read this one yet.